✪ Comes with a signed Certificate of Authenticity
✪ You will receive the exact item pictured. Handmade item, may have minor flaws.
✪ Dimensions (approximately): 155mm wide, 40mm tall
✪ Shipping: Parcel with DHL/PostNL. >>More Info<<
✪ Materials: polymer clay, resin, substrate, simulated plants, bowl
"OPUS FIVE" holds eight miniature koi encased in resin. Resin is poured as a fluid which hardens through a heat reaction. Once solid, it will stay that way permanently, capturing all the details in place. This mini pond can be safely transported worldwide. The koi are entirely hand sculpted from colored and translucent polymer clay. Below I've listed which varieties the koi represent.
Built inside a round stoneware bowl, approximately 155mm wide. The bowl has a warm brown/ochre "flamed" glass-like effect glaze on the inside. The exterior has a dark rim and underneath the rim it is off-white with dark speckles like a bird's egg. Measures approximately 40mm tall, 50mm tall when including the protruding rock feature.
The substrate on the bottom of the pond is a warm tan color. Various types of plants are placed around the pond, including many, different sized, hand sculpted lily pads resting on the surface. A realistic faux waterfall sits off to the side, surrounded by ripples. This piece weighs 777 grams (1.72 lbs.)
The attention to detail, different types of materials, obvious time and effort spent make this miniature pond a one of a kind, tranquil piece of art. Makes a great, unique gift and a beautiful decor piece.
The koi variety in this pond are:
- Kohaku (Solid white body with red patterns, often evenly distributed in "steps" down the back.)
- Showa Sanshoku ("Showa." Black body with white and red/orange patterns wrapped around the body.Unlike Taisho Sanke, the Showa features black patterns on the head.)
- Tancho Showa (A single, round-ish, intense red marking on the head. The black patterns wrap around the body and are featured on the head.)
- Tancho Sanke (Snow white body with small evenly distributed patches of lacquer-black. A single, round-ish, intense red marking on the head.)
- Hi Utsuri Gin Rin (Lacquer-black with patterns of deep red or orange. Diamond shimmer scales.)
- Ochiba Shigure ("Ochiba," combine the bronze of Chagoi with the silver of Soragoi. The name Ochiba Shigure translates in Japanese as “autumn leaves falling on water,” a reference to the silver and bronze pattern.)
- Chagoi Ginrin (Tea-colored with a diamond shimmer, known for it's friendliness and capacity for growth. Colors vary from brown, to greenish to a pale yellow.)
Resin has been stabilized but may discolor if placed in direct sunlight / UV light for extended period of time. Best to keep away from direct UV sources and extreme temperatures.
Comes from a smoke free, pet friendly home. Do not clean this artwork with chemicals! Keep dry and away from extreme temperatures.
Customs and import taxes: buyer is responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs